The problem is, you just found out that you can get some time off in a couple of weeks and you haven't made any travel plans! No air, no hotel, no dinner reservations, no tickets. Nahda! You searched the Walt Disney World website, you called a travel agent, you went on a couple of Internet travel site, and you can't find any rooms!
You really want to stay at a Disney hotel, so you can get the Extra Magic Hours and take the complimentary "Disney's Magical Express" from and to the airport.
You know that the Extra Magic Hours give you more "bang for the buck." You won't have to stand in line as long and you can go on more rides and experience more magic.
As for Disney's Magical Express, you really don't want to get lost trying to drive out of the Orlando International Airport to Walt Disney World. You know that there's something about those Orlando road signs and every time you've tried to drive out of there in the past, especially at night, you end up driving the wrong way going North in the dark and realizing that you don't see any city lights and you don't know where the heck you are... (is it just me?).
1. If you're trying to find rooms on the Disney website by trying to book a vacation package, try "room only" or visa versa.
There was a time that you'd have to give 9 days advance notice on reserving a vacation package, but now it's only 6 days if you wish to purchase airfare with the package and 3 days if booking without air. You can book next day "room only," but not same day.
* You can purchase same day Park Hopper Tickets through disneyworld.com and pick them up "Will Call" at the Transportation and Ticket Center.
** If you wish to purchase your Park Hopper Tickets through the Undercover Tourist site, an online ticket broker, you can pick them up as early as the next day at the UPS Store near Universal Studios.
2. Call Disney instead of going onto their site. The reservationist maybe able to find something or give you some advice. (407) 939-6244.
3. Go where you wouldn't think about of booking just a room, like an airline's website. Of course, trying to buy a package first.
There was a time that I was always able to find rooms that no one else seemed to have through the Frontier Airline's website, but that's no longer the case. Recently, Southwest Airlines had more rooms available than the Disney World site. However, it was only when booking a vacation package and you had to purchase park tickets with the package. Keep in mind that anything to do with travel is constantly changing.
4. Try lastminute.com through Travelocity.